Sakoban is a mysterious hidden bonus area found in one of the bonus portals in the Sand Levels. The area it'self is practically harmless, consisting of only some dormant boulders sitting in a big room, 4 big pits, and the portal back to the main levels.
The goal of this bonus level is to push all the boulders into the 4 pits at the 4 corners of the room, or destroy all the boulders. The reward for this is a TON of gold coins.
- When you enter a floor that has a Sokoban portal, you will get the message "you hear the sound of rolling boulders"
- The name "Sakoban" is most likely taken from the Japanese game "Sokoban", a game in which you must push objects into the correct place without getting them stuck in corners. Much like Sakoban, Sokoban has a few corners you can get the boulders trapped in.
- Either a ring or gauntlets of strength can help you push the boulders.
- A pic-ax or spell/staff of digging will work on the boulders if you want to destroy them.
- A ring or boots of levitation would be useful in this level, hovering over the pits could give you a new vantage point.