A very powerful enemy, and the baron's pet, that will sometimes spawn if the player takes too long to complete a level. There can be more than 1 appearance of the Minotaur in a play-through, even if a party has already slain one. There is a chance that the Zap Brigade will show up at the last minute, just as the Minotaur spawns, and have a fierce battle with the beast. While it is possible to kill a Minotaur solo, it is extremely difficult. The Minotaur will also break down any walls it comes in contact with, and standing at two bricks high it will also break the ceiling.
- The Minotaur is surprisingly weak to lightning spells.
- The Minotaur will summon a small cloud to cross chasms.
- You know there's the threat of a Minotaur on a floor when you hear the Baron speak, "my pet is hungry", "the Minotaur is coming", "my pet hungers for your flesh" etc.
- The Minotaur drops an identified flawless diamond.
- A Shopkeeper is capable of slaying a Minotaur with ease. You should not rely on this, however, as the Minotaur usually just ignores shopkeeps and promptly squashes you.
- The Minotaur can be slowed down via spell of ice, or slow.
"Surely we have enough time to do a little more exploring." "Our might cannot be challenged, let us lie in wait for it." "It may be large, but we are swift. It cannot kill what it cannot catch." "Sweateth not, the ZAP Brigade shall protect us." ~Various last words uttered upon ignoring warnings about the Minotaur's imminent arrival.