Boulder Traps can be found on any level in Barony except the NPC village levels, level 0, 5, 10, and 15. Boulder trap activation range is random, though it will always fall when a player or mob is directly below it. The boulder will always instantly kill the player but some mobs and King Arthur can survive the boulder. A crashed boulder can be broken with a Pickaxe or a spell of digging. Boulder traps can even be triggered through closed doors. The best way to avoid them is to stay out of their threat range, a big + sign.
- The boulder does emit a subtle sound similar to the pipes and the ladder to the next level.
- It is possible to survive a rolling boulder with a high health of 100 or up.
- Throwing rocks and useless gems down under the boulder will often trigger it, from a safe distance you can neutralize the threat.
- You can push a boulder away from you stopping it if you are strong enough.
- Getting crushed by a boulder does grant you the "throw me the whip" achievement on Steam.