Boulder Traps can be found on any level in Barony except the NPC village levels, level 0, 5, 10, and 15. Boulder trap activation range is random, though it will always fall when a player or mob is directly below it. The boulder will always instantly kill the player but some mobs and King Arthur can survive the boulder. A crashed boulder can be broken with a Pickaxe or a spell of digging. Boulder traps can even be triggered through closed doors. The best way to avoid them is to stay out of their threat range, a big + sign.
- The boulder does emit a subtle sound similar to the pipes and the ladder to the next level.
- It is possible to survive a rolling boulder, as they do 80 damage
- Items can trigger boulders as well, dropping or throwing items is a safe way to trigger the trap. Just make sure to stay out of the way.
- You can push a boulder away from you stopping it if you are strong enough.
- Getting crushed by a boulder does grant you the "throw me the whip" achievement on Steam.
Shhh... Listen carefully, you can hear a trap before it triggers.