This Section is for level info on anything within the levels of 1-20 you can post hints(make them spoilers) and tips and overall general info about the levels.
Level 0: Dungeon Entrance
This is the area all dungeon delves start in, where the party assembles to arrange their inventories, prepare spells, and grab a few torches. It's good to come up with some sort of plan here, as you won't find much time for thought in the dungeon.
Levels 1-5: Mines
Levels 1-5 consist of the Mines, which contain skeletons, rats, giant spiders, and trolls mobs. Occasionally you may find Funny Bones, whom only spawns in the mines. Other NPCs such as, Thumpus, Algernon, and Shelob will show up as well, yielding their own assorted treasures. Level 5 is a "checkpoint", which contains two chests and possibly a campfire for extra torches, so use this time wisely to heal up a bit and identify extra items before descending. Various structures can be found in the mines, such as a cell filled with spike traps with 4-5 spiders inside and a chest, the spikes trigger with a lever outside. You will also find a few different dungeon structures containing various enemies yielding valuables.
- A portal to either Minetown or Gnomish Mines will be found behind 2 gates here in the middle of a big pit. (see pages for more info)
- Traps that spawn in the mines are Boulder Trap, and spikes can be found in structures specific areas.
- Stocking up on meat here is a great idea, as food will become more scarce as the game progresses.
- A lot of the equipment on these levels is cursed, so remember to identify whatever you find first. Skeletons almost always wield cursed gear.
- A top priority for melee classes would be to kill Funny Bones and acquire Parashu, or kill Shelob and acquire Dyrnwyn. Both weapons are excellent, and always blessed.
Levels 5-10: Swamp
Levels 5-10 are the Swamp, a much more wide open and less claustrophobic area of Barony. The Swamp introduces many new elements to the game such as trees, and water, prior to Cursed Edition, the swamps contained much less water. Food can be found in the form of fish that spawns near natural rivers and lakes, usually fresh, as well as apples under the trees. Enemies found in the swamps vary from, spiders, slimes, goblins, ghouls, and trolls. The NPCs that spawn in the swamps are Shelob, Potato King, and Coral Grimes. Structures found in the swamps are primarily empty rooms, sort of walled in areas with camp fires, appear to be goblin camps. You might also find, on occasion, castles-like structures, guarded by goblins, or a shop over taken by goblins! A Shopkeeper will be found behind bars in these, and a chest yields some goodies.
- A secret entrance to the Jungle Temple or Haunted Castle can be found in the swamps, guarded by a bottomless pit and a hallway of boulders.
- It's advisable to wait around in the spawn room for half a minute or so to let the boulders roll.
- NPC shops are common, often spawning two around the center of the map along with a fountain.
- The Minotaur will still occasionally spawn, but finding the exit in the Jungle is much easier than the Ruins since the level map is so much more open.
- A cloak/amulet of magic reflect, or shield/ring of magic resist is suggested in case the goblins pick up magic staffs.
- You might also want an amulet of Olympic Swimming, and an amulet of Poison Resist. Swapping on the poison resist will cure you of poison, you can then take it off and reequip Olympic Swimming.
Levels 10-15: Sand Labyrinth
Levels 10-15 contain the deadly Sand Labyrinth, filled to the brim with new traps and obstacles. The player is trapped in what looks like a Pharaoh's tomb of sorts, and has a maze-like layout every level. Scorpions spawn here, equipped with deadly poison, as well as multitudes of Trolls. The Sand Labyrinth sees the introduction of Spike Traps and many more Boulder and Poison Dart traps. Lava also makes a first appearance, spelling death for anyone foolish enough to walk over it. NPC shops can spawn in this area, though it is rare. Food is scarce, being only found in chests or from scrolls of food. The Labyrinth is usually well-lit and contains very good equipment compared to previous levels, though almost all of it is guarded by dangerous traps, lava, and walls that must be hacked away with a pickaxe or spell of digging.
- A portal to either Sokoban or the Minotaur Maze can be found inside the closed walls of a secret area, surrounded by lava. A pickaxe, spell, or staff is needed to enter.
- A necklace or ring of poison resistance is recommended for the Sand Labyrinth as poison damage is very common here.
Levels 15-20: Ruins
Levels 15-20 are the ruins of the Baron's castle, adding a new trap that spews magic (mostly fire) in the four vertical directions. The common enemies here are gnomes and trolls, occasionally you will find a succubus or an imp. NPC shops have been found although they are rare, further exploration is needed. Humans may also be found trapped behind bars here.